Copying DVDÂ’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
burning DVDÂ’s

IÂ’m still having trouble with copying DVDÂ’s. I can get one to copy then it will just not copy and more, it will get to about 90% - 100% and say that burning process failed because of error reading data. This is nothing to do with the DVD that im copying because I tried using the same one twice and the blanks are all fine as well (me mate took 10 and they all copied great, I no you can get a few dudÂ’s but not 9 out of 10.) any help you people can offer will be great, I donÂ’t want to have to take my computer to the shop as all my software is a little on the pirate side. I donÂ’t think itÂ’s the software either as itÂ’s the same copy of Nero 6 that my mate is using.

The system im using:

40GB Hard Drive
256MB Ram
XP Pro
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200
Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.6GHz
MSI (Micro Star) MS-6391 (845 Pro4) motherboard

Thanks for any help

are you both using the same burners?
It is possible that your drive could be problematic. It's not uncommon in First release hardware to find problems.

Good Luck
PS, might want to change the title of this post as it could lead people to think your making illegal copies of movies... Just a heads up...

Spud5437 said:
i have a brand new DVD burner, it a 12x dual layer, DVD+R and DVD-R by LG

Sounds like it's DOA LG 12x dual layer, DVD+/-R Drive.

Contact LG, talk to their computer support line.
Get them to give YOU an RMA number.
And if it within "cooling off period" for the computer store, that it back to the computer story (with proof of purchase) and then get them to replace it for you on the spot.

It's it's out side the cooling, then you are going to need to send it off for RMA.

Otherwise, is the version of Nero 6 the version that came with the drive? If not, try the software that came with the drive.
Or, go to nero's home page and set if there is a software update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom