Mobo bios locked from OC'ing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IF06

In Runtime
I have an Intel D915GRO from a Vaio prebuilt system. Horrible, isn't it? It gets worst, it seems as if Intel doesn't even support the motherboard anymore and is not even noted in the listed mobos on their site. Now this posed a problem. After accessing the Bios, I found out that I'm locked from touching anything that has to do with voltage, fsb, etc. Having read that I should disable C1 Control and Eist, I complied, and yet nothing changed. (I changed enabled both of them again).

So what am I to do? I heard flashing the mobo might work but seeing that I don't have any jumpers on my mobo, I'm supposed to remove the actual battery. I'm somewhat iffy about it, and I seem to be finding other pages where other users have trouble oc'ing this mobo.

My last resort is using my friend's mobo, but then that would require me to reinstall windows, which I don't mind. His computer mobo's manufacturer is Asus. Maybe it would be more welcoming to OC'ing. I hated his case and everything about his rig but then I realize it has some really nifty name brand parts. But yeah, if I must, I'll swap the mobos.

By the way, I own a P4 Prescott clocked at 3.0Ghz. =[ I know I can go beyond that, I have 20 degrees to spare as well.

I'm not sure, I haven't looked into what he has.

I heard that resetting the bios might help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom