Computer to TV, no color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorn

In Runtime
Don't start telling me I need new stuff.

It worked fine at first (A few days ago). Then I was watching and it kinda flickered back and forth. Now there is no colour.

Help?

I re-ran the "Run multiple display wizard" and it started flickering. Sometimes it's color, sometimes not.

Broken cable or bent pins. Test with a different screen borrow off of a friend if needed. The multiple display wizard is quite inefficient if memory serves althoyugh haven't used in 2-3 years now. Either manually set it up through the graphics card control panel or get a program like multimon(free) or ultramon (free trial for a month) to set it up its very useful to have the windows taskbar on both screens unless your cloning them.

Component is easy to test the cable and the port you should have plenty of devices which use it as its a fairly common connection. Could be possible that you got unlucky and the tv is bad but sounds unlikely given that the picture does work intermittently.

What is the tv can you link us to the model?

I am reffering to the automatic nvida multiple display wizard personally I don't like how it configures the screens and ultramon gives you a lot more control. If your extending your desktop then the extra taskbar is very useful.

Couldn't really find anything other than Walmart

And I do clone, so I don't really care. I just wanted something I could watch movies on in my room.

Do you have a video or game system or dvd player in your house to test the cable with....

Yup. I'll do that when the family wakes up.

I'm going to assume it's a cable issue. If not, I'll post back.

Updates: I used the cable with my DVD player. No issues.

So here's where I'm at: While in the NVIDIA Control Panel, it doesn't flicker. When I open anything else, it flickers, then settles back to colour. If I open any sort of media player, it goes solid grey, and the TV displays "Video 2" in green lettering at the top right of the screen, which also happen when I open an aim conversation.

It seems to be exclusive to certain programs. The fact that it displays the channel just confuses me, it's like the TV is resetting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom