Did I get srewed over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Masters

In Runtime
I had to buy a new video card today cause my old 9200 went bust. I bought an ATI Radeon 9600 from a little PC shop. Here's the thing, I can barely run Soldier of Fortune on high settings. On my 9200 I could run Doom3. What's up with that? The card cost me $89 CDN. I've attached an image of the card. Is that what an 9600 is supposed to look like? My 9200 looked way cooler. Did I get screwed over?

First make sure you have removed all of your previous VGA drivers. Then install the ATi Catalyst drivers from the website.

Well I found it is not OEM, so it's manufactured by this company called Celestica. On the website of the company I bought the product off of it says the card is OEM, so they screwed me over. I do have the SE version. :( So anyways I'm taking it back.

yes you should try to get ur hands on a 9600 xt.. i have one hooked up to my current computer and it runs like a dream :)

Ken Masters said:
Well I found it is not OEM, so it's manufactured by this company called Celestica. On the website of the company I bought the product off of it says the card is OEM, so they screwed me over. I do have the SE version. :( So anyways I'm taking it back.

Ouch. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom