Graphics Card updgrade Question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sami. Smith

Baseband Member
Hii guys, well i have around £150 to spend on a new graphics card and i was wondering whats my best option for the future and i would also like to be able to play games such as Crysis,Farcry2,Fallout3 e.c.t,

My specs are:
CPU:4 processors running - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

CPU Speed: You Have: 2.40 GHz Performance Rated at 4.68 GHz

RAM: 3GB

OS: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i (GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i)

Sound Card: Realtek High Definition

DVD: Blu-ray disk drive

PSU: 250W (I will also need advice on a new psu)

I have come across two cards that i think are the best for that price:

1GB Gigabyte 9800 GTX+:
GV-N98XPZL-IGH - 1GB Gigabyte 9800 GTX+, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), 2000MHz GDDR3, GPU 740MHz, 128 Cores, 2x DL DVI-I/ HDTV - Scan.co.uk

512MB XFX 9800 GTX+ :
PV-T98W-YDQ4 - 512MB XFX 9800 GTX+ XT, PCI-E 2.0 (x16), 2200MHz GDDR3, GPU 765MHz, 128 Cores, 2x DL DVI-I/ HDTV - Scan.co.uk

So therefore i was wondering which card to choose from with what power supply(Power supply is not included in the £150 but would like it to be around £30) or if there is better cards for that price...

Thanks.

Get a hd4850, its better than 9800gtx+ and is of the same price. If u play games at high resolutions i.e. 1080p, only then go with the 1gb versions.

Yea well i play on a 22" screen and would a 1gb not be better for future games and games such as fallout3 and crysis.
And could you you also say why the hd4850 is better :p I am new with all this you see but the 9800 gtx from scan seems to have more MHz and faster GPU speed and wouldn't Nvidia be better for most games such as Crysis...

Nvidia cards only perform better in crysis. The performance of a card does nt depend on its mhz. The mhz can b increased. The performace is mainly dependant on the no. of shader processors.
At lower resolutions the 1gb versions sometimes perform even worse than 512mb versions but as u hv 22inch display get d 1gb version.
So if ur mostly going to play crysis get 9800gtx+, otherwise go with hd4850 as it performs better in d rest of the games.

Nvidia cards only perform better in crysis. The performance of a card does nt depend on its mhz. The mhz can b increased. The performace is mainly dependant on the no. of shader processors.
At lower resolutions the 1gb versions sometimes perform even worse than 512mb versions but as u hv 22inch display get d 1gb version.
So if ur mostly going to play crysis get 9800gtx+, otherwise go with hd4850 as it performs better in d rest of the games.

Not so fast there... The actual speed of the video card is the strength of the GPU, because if that was true, AMD would always be faster.. which its not..

the HD 4870 1gb would be decent now, because its got enough Bandwidth to utilize it but as resolutions at 1920 or higher.......

HD 4800's are slowly increasing.. with better drivers, AMD cards are starting to do better in Crysis or getting real close too, either way get what's cheaper, because you would not notice the difference in game..

1 nvidia processor is almost 6 times faster than an ati processor. But still hd4850 is faster than 9800gtx+. But if you can afford hd4870, than it will be a great buy.

Yea well i suppose i can push the limit :p however the card looks rather big in the images, so therefore is it most likely to fit in a normal case...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom