Best driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

95BlackGA

Fully Optimized
Looking to find out what the best driver for an nVidia FX5200 card would be. I know it's a crap card, but this computer will be used for playing a single game, that isn't very graphic intensive. I've ordered my computer parts to build a new computer, but they won't be in for a little while, so this computer will have to suffice. The game I have been playing is 4x4 Evo 2, and the card actually runs it pretty good, with stock trucks. I have been creating/modeling my own trucks, and when showing that many 3D objects, I do get a choppy screen. Currently I am using the 75.19 Forceware drivers. Any help would be appreciated. I know it's not just the video card, as this computer is fairly old (I built this computer back in 2002). The computer boasts an astonishing Athlon XP 2400+ (OCed to 2.166Ghz), 1GB (2x512MB PC2700), 80GB WD, LG DVD, blah blah blah. So I'm positive it's not just the video card making things choppy, but it is a big part. I had a 9200SE in it, and the game would run flawlessly, but I knew which drivers worked best for that card... The 9200SE is a little worse than the FX5200, so this should run it great too.

ANY remarks about how crappy the card is, and/or my computer, will be reported. I know how crappy this one is, I don't need your opinion. Yes, I will keep this PC until it completely dies...

I'm wouldn't even start off here commenting opinion wise since I ran and FX5200 on an older build that's still in use at this time even since I passed it along with 98SE on it! :p

Your best option for finding drivers for the older model cards would be either at nvidia.com or guru3d.com NVidia being the manufacturer since they generally keep the older drivers onhand. Try this update out. GeForce Release 175

I don't think knit picking between drivers is really going to change the performance he gets much. Just go with what nvidia has on the site and be done with it.

Omega drivers are pretty much a generic form when no original drivers can be found. The original manufacturer's drivers are always going to be preferred when available like those are still seen at the download site there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom