Gotta get some ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Well, I've finally decided I can take the lag in lotro anymore and I'm going to have to upgrade my 1 gig.

I'm assuming this is ddr2: 512MB 1Rx8 PC2 - 5300E (I've got two of these)

I want to get it for use over Christmas break, so prolly gonna get it tomorrow or monday, meaning I'm going to be forced to buy from bestbuy. It's too bad radio shack doesn't sell ram. Nearest bestbuy is 40 min away.

Thinking of going with this: Corsair - 2GB DDR2 Desktop Memory - CGM2X2G800 G

Will that due if I just need some ram fast? I'm going to make a whole new build in 2 months, so it is a temporary fix.

What motherboard do you have? Why not just order it from newegg if you are in the usa?

Is it a laptop you are buying this for?

nevermind it says desktop memory but that pic is bad and it sure looks like laptop memory to me.

Well I lag like no other. I've got a 3.2 ghz pentium D and a Nvidia 6800 video card. Now, neither of those are anything impressive, but the ram is obviously the limiting factor.

I do that detect optimal settings thing and it tries to run it on high, but because the game has to load stuff all the time, I get all kinds of lag, especially in cities. When it isn't trying to load, I'm lag free, but soo much of the time it is loading that I am sick of it.

Edit: How do I check my motherboard? If you're concerned with the number of slots, I looked in it and there are two more slots for a total of four.

Yeah, I fixed it. You saw that quick. I had it fixed in under 30 secs.

For the motherboard:

Model: OGC375
chipset: nforce4 sli eddition
southbridge: nforce4 MCP

A Dell I presume? Don't know how their newer models are but back in the day when I worked with some they would be picky about the RAM they would run. I would go to crucial just to see what they recommend then go get it at newegg way cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom