Vernong if you hate me now, its understandable :p

Billing Vernong NOT COOL!!!

They will repossess his 3850!!!

JOKING!!!

Vernong if you hate me now, its understandable :p

NOOOOOO ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

ITS MY BABYYYYY!!!

Anyways.. :D

It should work, and I did say most.. and Ricanflow did say it applied to that M2N-e.. (which he also has..)

NOOOOOO ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

ITS MY BABYYYYY!!!

Anyways.. :D

It should work, and I did say most.. and Ricanflow did say it applied to that M2N-e.. (which he also has..)

ya, but id prefer a new board over my m2n-e

Seriously? It seems like a sweet board, cheap too... I think I might replace the board and CPU (no Intel though.. because I'd have to buy another cooler and the whole upgrade thing might happen in various stages.... I need to talk to my parents about this..)

But since you are upgrading both CPU and Board, how about Intel? (not that I'm forcing this upon you.. if anything I'm glad we still have an AMD supporter)

Seriously? It seems like a sweet board, cheap too... I think I might replace the board and CPU (no Intel though.. because I'd have to buy another cooler and the whole upgrade thing might happen in various stages.... I need to talk to my parents about this..)

But since you are upgrading both CPU and Board, how about Intel? (not that I'm forcing this upon you.. if anything I'm glad we still have an AMD supporter)

i was going to go with the i7, but some pennies didnt fall my way @ work.
thus, i came up with an idea. get the 940. but i planned on doing it in 2 stages.

first, get a mobo ready for 140w, and a new chip to put in it (7750 is pretty cheap, so not much of a loss here), grab a new copy of vista and put the new stuff together.
sell the m2n-e + x2 6400 as a combo (maybe get $100 for both?)
a few months done the road or when ever i have the pennies, grab the 940
and plug it in.

that was my plan, i hope it follows thru for me.

i would be happy with a working pII 940 system in a few months.

Wow $100? Non-BE still sells for around $95, if I remember correctly...

and the board too? that's a deal that nobody should overlook

Wow $100? Non-BE still sells for around $95, if I remember correctly...

and the board too? that's a deal that nobody should overlook

ill think about posting it here,

i usually just use ebay for trading (member since 02)

ill have to do some research before i do actuall sell them.

here is what i paid (not that it matters)
159 for the chip
79 for the mobo
this was last year about this time.

so i figured the board is prolly worth $40
and the chip being used around $60

but i may be wrong, the last price newegg had for the board was $84.00
Newegg.com - ASUS M2N-E AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

so i may be able to squeeze $50-60 out of it.
some vendors are still selling the 6400be at rediculous prices +200
so i have no idea of its real value (sucks they discontinued this chip)

edit: @ ebay, the 6400be is selling for atleast $80, some as high as $150.
this is good news for me. perhaps ill get more out of these items than i had originally thought.

Why not just sell the pair for a good $130~140. Cause I m sure there will be a few AMD Fanboys out there that would pick it up for that price.

Newegg sells the x2 6400 for 95$~ like Vernong said. So for them it would be like a CPU + a decent motherboard for about $30~40.

Why not just sell the pair for a good $130~140. Cause I m sure there will be a few AMD Fanboys out there that would pick it up for that price.

Newegg sells the x2 6400 for 95$~ like Vernong said. So for them it would be like a CPU + a decent motherboard for about $30~40.

ill try that in a few days when i get my other parts in to replace them ;)

thanks for the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom