EVGA Step-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balishang

Baseband Member
I currently have an evga 9800GTX+. I know that evga offers their step up program but still don't totally get the program. Would I be able to step up from my 9800 to a GTX260 or is it only within the same generation that i can step up?

Any card they offer, you could go from a 6series to a GTX285 if you wanted. You have to do it within 90 days of your purchase though. Not a great time to buy gfx cards the GTX2** series is getting revamped which will push down prices. There is a catch about pricing though, you have to go with evga official pricing not the cheapest on newegg price....

I currently have an evga 9800GTX+. I know that evga offers their step up program but still don't totally get the program. Would I be able to step up from my 9800 to a GTX260 or is it only within the same generation that i can step up?

You just have to do it in 90 days (the Step Up) and have the card registered

That's kind of a given.. but yes..

Oh and its MSRP (not of what you find on the Egg') so its going to be expensive

I stepped up from a 9800GTX to a GTX 260 for $6.67 in shipping charges. The MSRP on EVGA and the price on newegg was exactly the same at the time, so I got a good deal. It was when they had the huge price drops on the GTX 200 series.

I think before rebates my card was like...$185ish? Any chance that the 260 could get closer to that price within the next 90 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom