Help needed regarding Toshiba M300 PSMDCA-01008C (Vista to XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplynoclue

Solid State Member
Just bought a new laptop and seeing as though I hate vista, I deleted the C: Partition so I could install Windows XP Professional.

I first had trouble getting into the setup. so I found out I had to change the Sata to compatibility. So that worked.
So Windows XP Installed fine. So I went to install the drivers for that specific laptop. and Three fairly important drivers just didn't install. Intel Chipset, Intel Pro-Set and Conexant Audio Hardware.

I tried using Nlite which is a deployment tool that installs any add-ons or drivers to an existing windows xp installation disc folder on the Hdd. So it copied the windows installation disc to a folder on the HDD as prompted. It said something about a sector being missing, but I continued on and Added the drivers onto the folder. It eventually integrated the drivers into the folder, then I copied the folder to disc.

I then put my Installation disc into my toshiba, and it comes up with Yukon information screen and it says operating system not found, something about media files missing.

And I tried to install the drivers manually. and of course the three drivers i mentioned before didn't want to Install.

So I hope there is some incredibly smart person out there to tell me what to do to get my XP running smoothly.

It's an extremely old windows xp disc that doesn't have a service pack add-on ?, could that be the problem?

It's stressing me out as i need the laptop by tomorrow arvy.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

What is the model of the laptop? I see you put m300 and I was looking for driver support and the one I found was a Portege m300 which had no vista drivers so this should not be your laptop. Have you looked for the newest xp drivers if they exist for your laptop or are you using the ones that came with the computer?

What is the model of the laptop? I see you put m300 and I was looking for driver support and the one I found was a Portege m300 which had no vista drivers so this should not be your laptop. Have you looked for the newest xp drivers if they exist for your laptop or are you using the ones that came with the computer?

I downloaded the right drivers around a week ago from the Toshiba Website, since then they have upgraded the site and the drivers for my laptop aren't on there anymore. But I still got the drivers.

There is a Toshiba driver updater program that i stumbled upon last night. so once i install WLAN/Wifi It will run me through all my drivers and see if any need to be updated.

The ATI driver for my Video Installed fine as well as both Bluetooth drivers along with all the other fiddly little drivers that aren't that important.

Both a webcam program and fingerprint software both installed properly however both came up with error messages "Webcam driver failed to open please restart camera or computer" and "Fingerprint program not available" when i rolled over the tray icon.

Both sound like a SP problem to me. But whether not have a chipset or proset installed doesn't help that issue either is unknown.

I got a mate having a look at it today. He has an OEM of Xp with SP3 on it. So if any driver still doesn't work then i would be completely baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom