PS3 not generating 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy

Beta member
Hi Everyone ~

I'm totally new here. I belong to another Tech Forum that usually takes days B4 U get an answer 2 U'r Q so I decided 2 C if maybe someone here could help me out. I haven't even setup my Profile yet but I'll tell you I'm in Ct. near New Haven and I know a lot more about DSL & Computers Repair than I do about PS3 & Gaming. Actually I know nothing about PS3's & Gaming ..

I'd like 2 tell U the Prob I'm having & hope someone can help me out .. here it is

So there you have my system. Now my issue is, according to the Toshiba HDTV docs, this set should produce 1080p
and the PS3 should produce generate 1080p but for some reason I'm not getting it no matter what I do.

I just came back from Radio Shack where I bought a 2gig HDMI cable rated to give 1080p+ whatever that means but
the Dude said this is all I need to solve my dilemma because all my TV will give me right now is either 1080i or 720p

Until I can solve this problem, I've got my TV set to 720p (progressive) which is better than 1080i (interlaced)

BUT why can't I get 1080p from these systems? Can anyone tell me what's going on with these companies that make it so hard to just kick back and enjoy? I don't think the HDMI cable is the problem.

I want & should get 1080p but I'm out of ideas .. Toshiba is saying it's the PS3 and Sony is saying it's the Toshiba .. not to mention I can't get surround sound from my HDMI because my Audio is coming from a Unit that doesn't support HDMI.

I read the Thread about HDMI Cables with the PS3 and everyone here seems to suggest HDMI is HDMI regardless,
so I guess I'll just go and get my money back.

Thanks People and Glad 2 B Here ..

No I haven't actually. The only other HD we have is a 19" in our bathroom of all places ... my wife likes to watch tv while she's getting ready for work in the morning. Ok I'll do that but I'll have to check 2C if that tv has HDMI capability ..

Hmm thats weird.. My TV works fine at 1080p, thats a weird problem

so when you Manually select 1080p it goes to 720p anyway ?, if so Like aaronkupen said theres something wrong with your TV Settings or something

Honestly it sounds like your TV is not upscaling properlly. In my research I found that it is set for 1080i with the ability to upscale to 1080p. The quickest way to find out would be to bring your PS3 to a friends house or something and hook it up to a 1080p TV and make sure it's outputting properlly. But honestly my money would be on the TV not upscalling properlly.

Problem is most households don't have a 1080p TV. It could be just that the TV isn't capable of anything over 720p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom