Installed 4870 and new monitor. Computer is now crashing. Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I am not sure what is wrong and I don't know where to begin. Over xmas week I installed a 4870 1GB card with the newest drivers 8.12 I think? Other then that I also have dual monitors now with newest addition, Acer G24 24".

Last night was probably the first time I actually shut down my computer over night. Wake up, boot up and now it's giving me blue screen of death and crashing (twice). Here is a picture of what everything looks like before the crash. Lots of distorted lines every where all over both monitors then it crashes.

The other pic is error files, minidumps so if you need me to check out those too I can, just let me know.

As I am typing the lines are starting to show up again so guess it's about to crash again! :(:(:(

This is on Vista 32

Have to get the pics later...having issues... ugh!

Yes that is what I downloaded. Everything seemed to be working fine until I shut my computer down. I just installed the drivers from display manager and the computer is running fine but looks ugly! LOL

Guess this is what everyone means when they say the driver support sucks. Oh well, about to install them again and see how it goes I guess.

Well installed 8.12 again and as soon as I installed them the problem started again. Guess I am going to install the 8.10 drivers and see if that helps. This sucks

Edit 1: Ok I installed the 8.11 drivers and so far so good. If drivers continue to be issues this will be my last ATI purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom