I wanna quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
when i built my computer it was fairly simple.. well it was really simple since u basically just plug everything into the right socket. the only thing that gave me trouble was the POS heatsink that came with my amd... it wouldnt fit no matter what so i bought a coolermaster and all is well(lol)

Well my specific prob is that i am having trouble with the case and the mobo. The wires are confusing me. My dad is getting better health wise so he should be able to help me i think. thanks for the help if i need anything i will post.

the slots and ports are:
IDE: for Hard drives and CD/DVD ROM/burners
SATA: for faster Hard Drives
DIMM: for RAM
CPU socket (in your case 754)

power cables, the biggest one into the motherboard, and sometimes there are some for frontal USB and mic + speaker ports in your case, the 4-pin Molex cables into the Hard drives and CD drives, and sometimes in your video card (in some X800's and 6800's)

and also, check that everything is pushed in correctly: one time I had a problem with this, had a black screen when I powered on, pushed in the RAM a little more and it worked

Well, in a PC, one wire will fit only in one way and one slot. Just take your time, put things one at a time. Make sure you really take your time when installing the CPU because the pins are VERY fragile. The RAM sticks will require a fair amount of pushing power, don't be afaid to apply a good amount, just make sure you dont slip and snap the stick. Other than that, the rest of the parts should fit in with a little more ease, just make sure it's plugging in the right way :)

As for the heat sinks, you want to apply a VERY thin layer of grease (too much will have a reverse cooling effect). On my computer the OEM heat sinks had clamps which were insanely hard to push in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom