Multiple monitor setup and opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikaricloud

Golden Master
Ok, I know about throwing two monitors together, but I've been trying to piece together how you would get a three monitor setup. I'm assuming you'd need more than one card, which is fine. But I heard somewhere that video cards in SLI can't utilize 3 monitors? Is this true?

Also, I've been looking around for a good LCD, and this is the one I came up with. Opinions?

Newegg.com - Acer P243WAid Black-Silver 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP Support 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors

good monitor. heard lots of good things about acers and they look beautiful.

and the newest drivers support multiple monitors in sli setups, its just the drivers are still in beta. but what you can do is have your good card setup with 2 and then run just an older card as a display adapter and run another monitor or two off of it. or just run 3 of crossfire or sli with new beta drivers.

good monitor. heard lots of good things about acers and they look beautiful.

and the newest drivers support multiple monitors in sli setups, its just the drivers are still in beta. but what you can do is have your good card setup with 2 and then run just an older card as a display adapter and run another monitor or two off of it. or just run 3 of crossfire or sli with new beta drivers.

Fair enough...I won't be buying the monitors, nor the video cards for a little while. No funds. The drivers may be out of beta by then, so that's good news for me.

The only thing that bugs me about that Acer is the price. Everything else is golden.

there are some cheaper 24" Acers that will look just as good. that monitor is mad bright and has a 2ms response time.

There are only 2 monitors cheaper on newegg right now, they don't look too bad either...if I want to buy three, maybe I should look into the other ones?

Newegg.com - Acer X243Wbd Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 3000:1 ACM with HDCP support - LCD Monitors
$290
Newegg.com - Acer P244Wbii Glossy Black 24" 2ms (GTG) HDMI 16:9 Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 20000:1 ACM - LCD Monitors
$320

Then of course, the first one. The only thing I don't like about the first one is no HDMI...and really, the second one has a stupidly high contrast ration with less brightness but otherwise the same for 10 bucks less...at that point, it sorta seems like the first one I mentioned is worth it?

why bother with hdmi? you will get a higher res from dvi. and if you want hdmi you'll need 3 cards to run 3 monitors unless you're using an adapter in which case you won't be getting true hdmi anyway.

Fair enough. I guess going with the cheapest there isn't bad, same brightness and contrast ratio...I just realized the middle one has no DVI, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom