Add/Remove Programs Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

josuem

Baseband Member
There seems to be a problem with my Add/Remove Programs. When I launch it, there is one netry that is stcuk between 2 others. Normally, this is the correct position and this woul be a pointless post. Unfortunately, nothign with computers is ever normal. That oen entry contains no words, no Change/Remove Button, nothing, just a very large expanse of Black, which, when maximised, made my scroll bar button very, very, small. it is easily the size of 200 regular entries. I'm sure there's a way to go into the registry and edit this out, but, 1) I'm not sure which way is best, 2) I want to make sure there isn'y some really bad knwon virus in my system. This just appeared randomly and not after I had installed a program. I ran Adaware, Norton A/V, and McAfee stinger and came up with nothing. Haven't done Hijackthis yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am Running a Dell 5100 Laptop with a P4 2.4Ghz processor, 512mb RAM, 30gig HD, and WinXP Home SP2.

Hey man thanks. With that program, all my programs in Add/Remove are separated into icons, this allowed me to see which one was causing this. It was a rpogram recenlty featured on Lockergnome called Media Recorder. I'm not sure if this si the cause of the problem or not, but, I thought it interesting that, on scrolling thorugh that black expanse, it wasn't all black, near the middle were 2 white stripes. This very closely resembles the icon Media Recorder, I'm assuming they just made the ico ntoo big or something. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom