Computer shutdown in game please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions come to mind for that. 1)Are you playing multiplayer in WoW? 2)Do you have the Windows firewall turned on?

Looking in the event viewer was a good idea since that now provides you something to work with.

Ok I allowed Left4Dead under allow a program through windows firewall, and updated microsoft ICH9 driver, which gave me an error before. Tested computer for an hour, no problem. Will test later tonite. BTW i reinstalled and update motherboard/graphics drivers including dx9/10.

For online gaming you may want the Windows firewall turned off to prevent problems with that and any antivirus programs. If you recently updated video drivers going for DX again is practically a must to see that on fresh again. Vista comes with 10 already while 9 often needs to be reinstalled.

Ok after updating all drivers and updating BIOS and turning firewall off and trying to play an online game and still having the problem, I think i found the problem.

Under event viewer the error I found is

//./root/CIMV2
SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99
0x80041003

I can narrow the time of the problem down to this specific error message.

I found this site as a potential fix.

Event ID 10 is logged in the Application log after you install Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Will test A.S.A.P. and report.

You generally don't need to update the bios at all unless system wide problems are being seen. The event viewer is a smart move on the other hand since you may found a solution there.

When downloading SP1 and later reinstalling Vista I never had any problems seeing the service pack go on like some with Dell, HP, Gateway prebuilds have run into. But the main thing is seeing the problem there cleared up.

One thing some people run into when going to download direct from MS is clicking on the IT developer's placed right on top of the three links. The second mirror is for the average user. Now figure that one out why MS set it up that way? :rolleyes: If you grab the wrong one it can goof things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom