4870 3dmark06 score???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Not really sure where I should of posted this so I put it here. Basically I just scored 11,633 in 3dmark06 with a sapphire 4870 512mb and 3ghz on my cpu. That seems kinda low to me so I'm wondering if it is. I figure my score won't be great since I don't have a great cpu but with a slightly higher clock and xp instead of vista 64 I was pulling 12k with a 8800gt. So is that score about right or is there something I should do?

I just clean the computer up so its not infected with anything or running much in the background.
I uninstalled the nvidia drivers/software and installed the Catalyst Control Center with driver version 8.561.0.0
All the settings on on stock.

Been a while since I've had a ati card so if theres any thing big or small I should do let me know please.

Uninstall the drivers again, then use Driver Cleaner Pro to get rid of all the reg keys and stuff - do this under safe mode. Then reinstall.

It should be getting alot more than that. Thats around what i get, and my gpu should be nowhere near yours. How are games compared to your 8800GT? Is there any stuttering, artifacts etc?

Uninstall the drivers again, then use Driver Cleaner Pro to get rid of all the reg keys and stuff - do this under safe mode. Then reinstall.

It should be getting alot more than that. Thats around what i get, and my gpu should be nowhere near yours. How are games compared to your 8800GT? Is there any stuttering, artifacts etc?

You have a quad, he has a dual core.

That score looks on the spot.

Hd48xx series doesnt do so well in 3dmark.

if you clock the nuts off them along with your cpu they do :D If I had a yorkfield I'm pretty sure I could get 20k with a single 4870

Ok well I'll try the games with it now. Problem there was I don't really recall exacts on my fps since I haven't played any newer games with fraps running in a while. Thats why I was using 3dmark for refrence. Oh and I used nasty file remover to completely get rid of the nvidia driver. Besides 3dmark do you guys think my cpu will slow me down a lot? It does seem to hit 100% usage pretty often...

guru what do you score now with your wolfie?
i score about 17K with mine. the cpu makes a pretty big difference. but i cant OC this 1gb for ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom