I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctech2

Baseband Member
I have just got to know that Toshiba launches laptop with three GPUs:

Laptop With Three GPUs

The combined efforts of both companies resulted in Toshiba's most powerful gaming laptop to date featuring the new highly integrated GeForce® 9400M graphics processing unit (GPU) along with a pair of NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS enthusiast-class GPUs.
That laptop must be very cool for gaming. But how can they deal with the heat?

I wonder if I can trade my Dell for one... that does look awesome... but I think your right... the heat would give it a hard time if you were semi-mobile.

Well, not all three cards are on at once. The SLi setup runs during 3d applications, and when at the desktop/regular computer use, it switches the power to the 9400. It looks sick though.

That's the good part about it... when your not gaming it uses the onboard GPU. so quiet is one good thing, heat would be minimal with it as well, except when gaming, and even then I would think they have decent cooling. This isn't the first SLi lappy they have. but the real question would be... is it OC capable? :p

Heat probably isn't all that bad, Toshiba engineer's the heck out of their high end laptops. They definitely don't skimp on superior design. Don't know about OC, though, as they tend to nerf their BIOS'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom