PRICE DROP FOR i7 COMPONENTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3ster

Baseband Member
Hey guys, I just want to know when will prices drop for the i7 components? We have a boxing week sale here in Canada, but parts for an i7 build aren't really going on sale (even if they do, it's only a couple of bucks cheaper). Would it be financially better to wait for their prices to drop? (and when do you think will it be?) or just go with the miniscule discounts that the computer stores are providing? Thanks

There's supposed to be a price drop next month.. however those are for the Core 2 Duos and Core 2 Quads... and a couple of pointless releases.. like a q8300... its predecessor was a complete flop!

I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot more things are going to start dropping in price since we've been hit with the economy crunch... every company is starting to take "record" losses and I think they'll start selling cheaper to squeak by... I would wait a little while and see what's going to happen after the new year... IMO

I'm not entirely sure, these processors aren't really marketed towards the mainstream or budget consumer anyway. That's like saying Porches will go down in price.

I'm not entirely sure, these processors aren't really marketed towards the mainstream or budget consumer anyway. That's like saying Porches will go down in price.

Well Porsche did lower its prices in Canada last year...

Porsche Lowers Canadian Prices... A Bit | The Truth About Cars

But in any case I haven't heard of a price drop and you don't want to get stuck playing the waiting game for ever. Personally if theres not for sure going to be a price drop really soon I just buy what I want.

Bad example, I know nothing about cars. But my point is that upper tiered items tend to stay up there, because I'm not entire sure a bad economy will be effecting their sales. The people who would normally be getting an i7 probably will anyway.

Also, the economy didn't suddenly turn bad since September, I'm sure Intel would have lowered the prices already if the economy was affecting their high end cpu sales significantly.

Bad example, I know nothing about cars. But my point is that upper tiered items tend to stay up there
partly true, but consider that fact that a q6600 was once a enthusiast cpu.

that was really a bad example becuase computer technology advances very quickly in comparison to cars, cars still do the same really, no matter how old they are and can become collectors items. Cpu's on the other hand can not and will not ever be collectors items or last over long periods of time.

Was once an enthusiast cpu that started to significantly drop in price after the q6700 was released, A LOT of time passed by, and AMD put up some sort of performance battle.

My point is that none of this is happening now, hence there probably wont be a significant price drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom