Help please! System won't turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that is in the corner that looks like the pic is the white connectors that i already tried to plug in. There are, from the top of the mother board first: 2 pins, 1 gap, 2 pins, 3 gaps, 2 pins, ON TOP OF 4 pins, 3 gaps, 1 pin, 1 gap, 1 pin.

It doesn't look like the picture...

There's nothing called a PCB in my manual. The thing I referred to in my last post is called the "System panel connector". Immediately below that there is a black connector 19 pins called the "TPM connector"...

It's an ASUS P5Q PRO

There's nothing called a PCB in my manual. The thing I referred to in my last post is called the "System panel connector". Immediately below that there is a black connector 19 pins called the "TPM connector"...

No, I meant that is the mobo (a pcb). You wont see it printed. Part of my lingo, sorry. I will try to find out for you.

Asus P5q Pro:

I am trying to figure out the layout of this mobo. Hold on ok ?

Attachments

• 10474.jpg
    10474.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 24
TPM is not it either. That is a security feature. When I blow the picture up it gets real grainy but I would say the pins in question are on the connector all the way down lower right, the white connector.

Try PM-ing one of the mods in this forum, I can't help much more plus I have to go to bed. Sorry we couldn't nail it yet. But if you private message one of the Mods you will do well. Good luck ok ?

Here's the diagram for the connectors (see attached image). I am uploading the manual for the mobo right now, and I will put the link to it once it finishes.

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting

Attachments

• connecters.JPG
    connecters.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 23
Hi Trotter...yeah I have that layout in my user manual, but I'm still not sure where to plug in the connector from the front panel OR how to override the front panel to turn the computer on...

Right beside the front panel connectors, the two square buttons. The one on the left is an internal power switch (has the on/off symbol on it).

Those front connectors can be tricky. I know mine was a pain, too. Take your time and use a pair of needlenose pliers to put them on... trust me on that one. Normally the plugs are labeled on the side of them, usually in shorthand like the diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom