What makes one tv cost more than another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different places would be the biggest thing.. Each store could have their own prices they put on them. Newer tech in them (chipsets etc) can also be a factor.

well the difference is the model. the first tv is the 650 series, the second one is a 550. the 650 and higher models, have 120hz while the 550 doesn't. Also the 650 will have a higher contrast ratio and some more extra features.

and it depends what you're looking for and the model. Toshiba's are generally cheaper but decent quality and samsungs are really high quality and more expensive.

120hz just makes action less blurry and smoother. its the refresh rate, like on your monitor you can set it generally to 60/72/75hz. the 750 is just the model up from the 650. it will have a higher contrast ratio and more features than the 650. but nothing huge.

if you want significant changes, then go up to the 850/950 because they are mad thin. like less than 2" at the widest point.

and the red coloring is an acrylic injection in the tv molding. its the touch of color feature that's in the 6/7/8/9 series samsungs. and normally you'd just see black or whatever the color of the TV molding is.

out of the 3 you linked, i'd personally go with the 550 because i don't think the 120hz is necessary. but I'd also go with the 850 series if you can spare the cash because its mad thin and sexy like that.

I recommend the 550, because I have it, and it's awesome! But I do notice a tiny bit of lag in football, but it still doesn't really matter, because it still looks good. for $500, you can get a computer for playing on it.

i would like to add that 120 hz on tv's now is not really displaying a real 120 hz... why is that? because its 2 60hz chips in a single tv...

its a generic 120hz....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom