Idea for a Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg reviewers are stupid pricks :D

Now, yes it does have Ethernet Built in.. .all boards have it built in (Gigabit 1000MBPS to be correct)

glad i havent bought yet!

YouTube - Question 20- What CPU too choose, Dual Core or Quad Core?

Check that out!

I might go with the 6600. :/

Wow I can't believe I just listened to that lol... anyways, I don't understand why you keep second guessing everything guys like vernong and philbar, and everybody else are recommending. Vernong has 17k post for cryin out loud! I think I would trust his judgement.

Get a q9400.. the q6600 is about 2 years old now. With the way technology moves, I would get the newest thing you can afford (which would be the q9400). Plus, the newer 6600s aren't as good as they used to be.

Aftermarket coolers are highly recommended, but if you're not overclocking, you can get by with the one that comes with it, they suck though. Yes, it comes with thermal paste and a fan. No, you don't need to buy anything else for everything to work. All of the cords come with the stuff, your motherboard will fit in your case, all of the screws are included. The onboard sound will be fine. Ethernet is standard on every motherboard made, so are usb ports and anything else you (the average joe user) will ever use.

Good luck with your build and let us know if you hit any snags in the building process

Oh, and if you want to save a few bucks, you could get this great PSU instead of the corsair

Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500D 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

Nice find ferarri... aghh I can't get used to Pinscher... :(

Anyways, you should post that in that Hot Deals section, I think we have a Corsair 450/550vx replacement!

Okay I was stretching my budget by like 10 dollars.. Too much....I was alreayd stretching budget...so ill go with the 9400 and that PSU you recommended thankyou.

So this is my shopping cart:

Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80580Q9300 - Retail

BIOSTAR TForce TP45HP LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

PC Power & Cooling Silencer PPCS500D 500W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

GIGABYTE GV-R467D3-512I Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 900(PC2 7200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-7200CL4D-4GBPI-B - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model GH22LS30 - OEM

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap - Retail

All for $756 shipped.

I plan on OCing in the future....Do i need to add/upgrade anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom