Need a new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I have looked at all the low end GPU's from Nvidia (under $150) and have decided on the 9800GT OC. is it worth it? or should I choose another.
I have just put the ASUS M3N72-D, will the Hybrid GPU in the mob work well with that card or should I just do the card and shut off the MB GPU.

My monitor is HD (HPw2207) so I am using the HDMI now is there any dif between that and just running DVI.

Please advise

Thanks

Well when I bought the motherboard the guy @ Micro center told me that if I bought an AMD chipset MB that I should go with ATI GPU for crossfire and If I wanted to go with Nvidia GPU to get a Nvidia MB for SLI as they don't work as well when mixed.. So I went with the 750a chipset on my MB.

not so?

It'll still work, just that you can't go multi card on it with an AMD card on a 750a...

Exactly, I was just reading through some posts here and the dual card SLI/Crossfire won't work with mixed chipsets so I need to go with Nvidi.a GPU's for SLI on my Nvidia MB.:freak:

Well IMHO, all Dual GPU's are not worth the hassle for such a slight performance increase they give..

Heat, temps, airflow, drivers, game support etc etc

yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, single x16, dual x8 x8.

twice the power at half the speed :D

Thats not really what is holding it back but I don't feel like going into why it doesn't work as well as it theoretically should, plus I don't have full knowledge of why either.

Anyways, the 4850 I posted will be your best bet for that budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom