RAM probably DOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balishang

Baseband Member
alright heres the story. i ordered 2 1 gig sticks of ocz reapers 1333mhz last week from the egg along with the rest of the parts for my build. When the parts arrived, the plastic casing the RAM was in was bent pretty badly in the center and scared me quite a bit. I shrugged it off and decided to go on ahead and try the ram. I put both sticks in my mobo (DFI Lanparty P45 T3RSB Plus) and booted up. I got a C1 error on the debug LED and the computer wouldn't boot. I looked up the error and it turns out its an error involving the memory. I took out one stick and tried booting again and it boots up no problem. I then decided to try it again with both sticks and again i get the C1 error. Then I try with just 1 stick again, but the stick I didnt use before. Again, I get the C1 error. I tried taking the stick out, clearing the cmos, and removing the battry, but no dice. My guess is the stick came DOA and I'm blaming UPS for this one due to the badly bent plastic. Like literally, it was bent so bad i could just reach my hand in the side and pull the sticks out lol :p

I'm ready to pull the trigger and file for an RMA but I just need to make sure theres nothing I overlooked.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom