forwarding ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiden_nrl

In Runtime
people have been telling me to forward ports 27015 so i can host a listen server for a game (cause i am on a router) how do i forward ports..? does that just mean remove the firewall for those ports?

Get into the settings of your router by accessing 192.168.1.1 (in most cases). You will have the option to forward a series of ports, or all of them to a computer on the network (router).

ok well these are the ports i took a picture of the console when i started the server what ports do i need to forward?

untitled.jpg

And i would also like to show u my router page it doesnt say forward ports anywere....?

untitled1.jpg

bah its hard to say cause we aren't there....post in the right forums and they can probably help you better.

http://www.techist.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=98

Thats the networking and communication forums they will be able to help you.

You should have a tad somewhere that says PORT FORWARDING and you'll need to select it as TCP/IP cause I forgot what the other method is....they tell you to forward whatever your open port is to the 21075 so they can all have a place to get into your computer basically to play the game

Click on DMZ. Then choose to forward all ports to your computer (ex.:192.168.1.103). You may have the option to forward a series of ports, but not with DMZ.

Click on Applications to forward a series of ports. There is nothing wrong with forwarding all ports, just a greater security hazard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom