Having Problems Overclocking i think???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSB0121

Beta member
Hey i having problems everytime i log in, or surf the internet, play a game or just general stuff on the computer. Its like the graphics overclocks and stops games working or just really slows the computer down.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processer 3200+
Motherboard : A8n-Sli mothboard
Graphics Card: Ati Radeon x550/600
Ram: 2Gb or 1 Gb Ram

Can you please tell me what my problem could be, i have upgraded the graphic card driver like yesturday and alot more times.

thats all i have in the computer i have a 550 power supply, to be honest i am not sure but basically if i play a game its says like the render or the directx has failed but i am not sure :confused:. Sometime the computer restarts but normally the screens goes off like sleep mode or something and turns back on.

Thats not what I asked you.

You said ". Its like the graphics overclocks"

So how is it being overclocked? Is it factory overclocked or are you using a program?

How old is this installation of windows? (last time you formated?)

What games/programs does it happen in?

Well if i login into the windows, or just click on something like open up any type of program (eg. Nortons, My Computer or Internet Explorer, Msn Messenger etc...)
the computer freeze's but i can move my mouse about, a couple of seconds later it the screen goes off and comes back on and the computer is slow and cant play any games.

I dont think i am using a program to make it overclock it just general login, searching around the computer or sometimes if i log in and come back to the computer like 15 mins later it will do what i said above.

The Games it overclocks is everyone i have installed, such as; Unreal Tournament, Enemy Terroirtory - Quake Wars, Flyff, Counter-Strike Source, Left 4 Dead.

The programs can be anything.

My windows is Xp Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3.
I last formatted 3 - 4 months ago.

you're not OCing your card if you dont know it... could be the new drivers, i've been having some issues with them myself... try either reinstalling or downgrading your drivers and you shouldnt have any more issues

that is a fairly old system, it could just be old age on one or more of the components.
have you taken an air car to the insides to get the dust bunnies out?

i used a air can/duster in the computer and so i formatted the hard drive as well.
I am now getting the problem i had before i updated the driver..

VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands. Pls tell ATI technologies about this".

Follow by a Don't Send Report and Send Report button below it.

Before i had updated the driver off the website i get this, even if i still update the driver. I wont get the vpc thing i get nothing and just makes the screen go blank. Exactly what the vpc recover would do, just that it wont show nothing.

I am really stuck now, even though this is a old system i still want it to work.
I've tried everything does anyone know how to fix it??? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom