Idea for a Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah guys lets not make him spend money on stuff he doesn't need. Some people don't want to OC. The stock cooler will be fine for stock speeds, but if you intend to OC at all then 3rd party cooling will be mandatory. The Core Contact Freezer is a good choice. But if you feel a little apprehensive about overclocking then don't worry about it. That cooler will just be $30 better kept in your wallet.

Usually for Quad's I recommend at least an AF7 even for stock.. (which is why I recommended a RCX-Z775 if he doesn't want to OC)

Im busting my budget guys....Ill stick with the stock one until i can upgrade :) (money problem)

The quad 9400 comes with paste included? Or should I go with the one cheap one mentioned on bottom of page 8.

I would not, his idea is future proof..

But I say there's no such thing as future proof anyways..

This is a comment I read... and I agree with him..
"Currently, a Q6600 @2.4Ghz is $189.99 Vs an E8400 @3.0Ghz is 169.99. That means, if you purchase the dual (E8400) you will get better performance in almost everything you do for at least the next 2-3 years due to the higher clock frequency. Also, you save $20 in the process. The truth is, for the AVERAGE user (Gamers included), programs simply don't take advantage of more than 2 cores. Also, enthusiasts won't normally utilize more than two cores for heavy mult-tasking."

Since the Wolfdales go to 4.0ghz pretty easily.. they are the better buy and better performance, Quads won't be useful for a good bit, and at stock a Wolfdale is faster than a q6600

which should I get? I multitask, i do business, and everything else I said i do. The 6600 or the e8400? (9300+ seems like overkill for my need right?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom