New Build boots but no display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
so if it dosen't do a post startup, that would normally give you a beep to signify if everything was working or if there was a problem. is it the motherboard or ram?

I figured I would get a beep if there was an error with the ram, but I never got anything. everything starts, the graphic cards start up fan's going full, then slow down where it just idles. I tried every slot with the ram and all 3 slots for the graphics cards. still nothing. I'm ofically stumped.

ah.. i could be wrong then? again i'm not home.. lol

do you have a tri channel or dual channel kit?

what is the rated stock voltage on your ram...

it may HAVE to be 1.55-1.6v.. otherwise it may not boot

SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST!

Wait a minute... I think Nos is spot on!!

I think your rig won't post because Core i7 requires <1.5v otherwise it'd fry (they are synchronized voltages) and assuming that this was made b4 Core i7 came out, its probably a good bit more than 1.5V

Whew! had the same problem for months mine is a dual core p4 the computers boots fine but with no display had to turn it off and wait for 2 hours. Until one day no matter how many times i reboot the computer the display wont show. then i decided to buy a much powerful power supply a 600 watts branded PSU. and now the display is back again. I hope this solves your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom