Are these overclock temps alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stainer711

In Runtime
I just installed a new heatsink, and it's helping a bit, but i'm still getting up to 72C load (Prime95 Full load torture test). Is this a decent temperature for the processor to be running at? I really don't want to have to slow down my clocks any further. I'm only overclocking a duo core e7200 from 2.5ghz to 3.0ghz.

Make sure you are using an accurate temp monitor like Real Temp. If those readings are still high then make sure your heatsink is mounted correctly and has themrla paste.

Either your voltage is too high, or that CPU fan is not mounted on right (or a bad report)

Alright guys, I remounted the heatsink. I'm going to try overclocking again and will report temps in a bit. I don't know which way to orient the heatsink. I previously had it blowing in the hot air that was radiating from my graphics card. Turning it so that it now blows cold air from the front of the case was a real ***** on my intel mobo. I nearly broke several things on it before getting it to do what I wanted successfully. I think this is a much better setup, though. I have a fan on the front of the case blowing external air in towards the heatsink fan which is blowing that air in through the metal grating and towards the fan in the back of the case. I also made sure not to put on too much thermal paste. The heatsink guide said to use twice as much thermal paste as normal, and the first time I installed it I think I used four times the normal amount. This time I put a thick, single bead down the middle of the cores as recommended by the arctic silver guide. Wish me luck, guys.

Oh, and this is my heatsink:

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Ok, now at a 3.04 ghz overclock from the standard 2.5 clock i'm at 50C load. Nice.... I think I'll stick with this clock. Every time I go higher than 3.04 my temps shoot up like 20 degrees and will refuse to go down. I haven't tried going up further with this new mounting, but I don't want to push my luck. :p Last mount I was at like 55C load at 3.04, and when I went to 3.2 my temps shot up to 85C for some reason.

****, I went up to 3.12 ghz and my load temps shot up 15 degrees. I think this mobo is just not good for overclocking. W/e, though, I'm happy at 3.04 ghz.

What is your motherboard? It shouldn't affect your temps. Do you have the fan oriented right? It should suck air in from the front and blow air out the back of the pc. I have that cooler and I get great temps. Much better than those. And I have taken her past 4ghz. Although it was a dual core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom