WHere to get Laptop parts? Want to build one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea..you can't actually build a laptop. some companies offer "barebones" which you can put certain parts in...but it's not worth it. In most cases you lose money instead of saving when you build laptops. Just go pre-built....

New to building laptops, but I hope it won't weigh as much as my PC... :freak: LOL

Good links? What type of heat sinks for efficiency?

No much.
With the exception of the CPU, Ram and Hard drive, every thing else is very hardware vender specific.

with heat sinks, they are down to the notebooks barebone that you pick up. It's not like you can pick up a thermaltake heat sink and fan. However you can purchase things like cooling pads for notebooks.

yea..you can't actually build a laptop. some companies offer "barebones" which you can put certain parts in...but it's not worth it. In most cases you lose money instead of saving when you build laptops. Just go pre-built....

Very true. Unless you want some thing really high end.
Just about all the custom notebooks that i sell are mainly there for some thing high end which most of the vendors will not do.
The other combination i seem to get is some thing low end, but with a extremely large hard drive or a DVD Burner (instead of the stock Combo Drive)

Unless you're somehow able to buy direct from an authorized vendor (very tough gig to get) you're better off getting a nice custom one. Otherwise the Barebones kits are pretty expensive. Then you're buying proc, ram, and hd on top of it. Doesn't really pay unless you really want the experience of building it yourself, which I don't think is anything special.

If you want to check out some barebones setups, head to Asus or MSI's site and check them out, then google or ebay the model numbers and see what they're running. Otherwise places like ibuypower, cyberpower, or avadirect (and about a hundred other outfits) can build you the exact same thing for probably less money and certainly less work.

Asus/MSI also have fully prebuilt versions of the sames things available at retail, like was KC got, for example.

I only know those manufactures like Dell, Hp can build laptop in there site, not build just choose parts.

Not practical and you will spend three times the amount of money on a custom built laptop which you could have gotten from HP, and with HP you'd get a warranty, OS, and some useful apps.

Antec-User these guys have all given you good advice but if you still want to build one for the customization and good feeling of knowing you did it yourself then I may be of some help.

Send me a pm.. I can get you a great deal on the MSI Barebone laptops (between 30-50% off msrp) which will make it VERY affordable to build a kick *** laptop way under configured laptops.

Antec-User these guys have all given you good advice but if you still want to build one for the customization and good feeling of knowing you did it yourself then I may be of some help.

Send me a pm.. I can get you a great deal on the MSI Barebone laptops (between 30-50% off msrp) which will make it VERY affordable to build a kick *** laptop way under configured laptops.
Please familiar yourself with our rules. You do not have access to the PM system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom