New Build boots but no display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom118

Daemon Poster
I recently bought some new parts for a new build.

OCZ3RPR1333C92GK 2GB DDR3 2X1GB DDR3-1333 CL 9-9-9-20 Dual Channel Memory Kit1

Radeon HD 4850 625MHZ 512MB 1.98GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video x2

Intel Core i7 920 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 2.66GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366

Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4 ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E SATA2 RAID Sound GBLAN 3-WAY CrossFireX Motherboard

The problem is that when I turn on the power I do not get a display on the screen what so ever. It just says no signal, then goes in standby. No matter what slot I try or what screen I try, same thing. There is adiquate power, I tried it with one card then tried each card in each slot and nothing. no display. CPU fan is turning, graphic card fan is turning. just no display.

Anyone know what could be wrong? any ideas how to fix it?

Kind of sounds like a loose connection with the video card. I'm not familiar with video card fans, would that still operate, if the card was loose, I don't know. Just thinking it could be something loose.

I recently bought some new parts for a new build.

OCZ3RPR1333C92GK 2GB DDR3 2X1GB DDR3-1333 CL 9-9-9-20 Dual Channel Memory Kit1

Radeon HD 4850 625MHZ 512MB 1.98GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video x2

Intel Core i7 920 Quad Core Processor LGA1366 2.66GHZ Bloomfield 8MB LGA1366

Gigabyte GA-EX58-DS4 ATX LGA1366 X58 DDR3 3PCI-E SATA2 RAID Sound GBLAN 3-WAY CrossFireX Motherboard

The problem is that when I turn on the power I do not get a display on the screen what so ever. It just says no signal, then goes in standby. No matter what slot I try or what screen I try, same thing. There is adiquate power, I tried it with one card then tried each card in each slot and nothing. no display. CPU fan is turning, graphic card fan is turning. just no display.

Anyone know what could be wrong? any ideas how to fix it?

Hey man!

Um try remounting the RAM, or try individual sticks... (if nothing still, either both are bad or the board is gone bad?)

Another thing that could be it is that the External Power connectors are not plugged in?

No, the cards are well fastened in there. Im thinking the ram might not be compatiable or the motherboard is DOA. I did a bench test to make sure It wasn't shorting out on a ground somewhere in the case but still nothing.

Anyone know if non-compatiable ram would cause this issue?

Well Dual-Channel should work, regardless of Tri-channel being the standard for Core i7, if I remember correctly Tweaktown did a benchmark with it in both modes.

If its incompatible with that board in general, that could be an issue as well

Yeah, Dual-Channel does work with this board.. I even tried just one stick, nada.. back to the drawing board I guess.

When you tried one stick, did you try both sticks individually? Do you have a pal living close to you that has DDR3 that works?

Yeah, I tried both, still noting. Nope, lol, I live in a really small town... there is no ddr3 here. I'll have to order some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom