New gaming rig opinions appreciated =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Ricanflow and EricB say its good, and they are Audio Experts.. which I cannot say from you, not that I don't trust your opinion, but I'll only recommend stuff if its good

My standard of good is if I hear raves from people who know what they are talking about

Don't buy the 940, get the 920. It can OC to equal the 940. The sound card is a waste of cash imo. Vista doesnt support hardware sound acelleration. So it wont improve your gaming at all. And if you are an audiophile there are more appropriate cards from companies like M-audio.

It's a matter of opinion but I would rather get an HD4870X2. A lot of good OC results have been had with the Asus and Biostar boards. All x58 support sli so EVGA isn't necessary.

Do you need a full tower? You will probably be fine with a good mid tower like the Antec 900.

Okay....I changed 940 to 920. Saved a few there. I've read good reviews of the sound cards listed, but I still trust creative. They all seem to have the unlucky few that get screwed as far as driver problems, etc.

And to be honest, I'm not a huge overclocker and I like EVGA's step up plan. If I buy 2 260's, I could buy a 295 and subract the 260's cost. So that's good. And yes, full tower, I hate the 900 and the way it looks...

But the motherboard, idk. I'm only with EVGA on this because of the amazing combo deal on newegg with the 260's. Otherwise, I really do like the p6t...any suggestions? Which motherboard is most stable with a little bit of OC, nothing huge?

Okay....I changed 940 to 920. Saved a few there. I've read good reviews of the sound cards listed, but I still trust creative. They all seem to have the unlucky few that get screwed as far as driver problems, etc.

And to be honest, I'm not a huge overclocker and I like EVGA's step up plan. If I buy 2 260's, I could buy a 295 and subract the 260's cost. So that's good. And yes, full tower, I hate the 900 and the way it looks...

But the motherboard, idk. I'm only with EVGA on this because of the amazing combo deal on newegg with the 260's. Otherwise, I really do like the p6t...any suggestions? Which motherboard is most stable with a little bit of OC, nothing huge?

I like the Biostar board a lot, the Biostar TPower X58. Biostar boards are also typically very easy overclockers. And I agree, the 1200 is cooler than the 900. The Antec 1200 was made after the Antec 900 and fixed most of the problems that the 900 hard, as well as added more room, because graphics cards are getting mighty big these days.

Yes, Ricanflow and EricB say its good, and they are Audio Experts.. which I cannot say from you, not that I don't trust your opinion, but I'll only recommend stuff if its good

My standard of good is if I hear raves from people who know what they are talking about

I know what's good, and what's not, but I don't know everything! >.<"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom