New gaming rig opinions appreciated =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyberry

Solid State Member
Hey guys. I'm new here but this looks like a good forums sooo...

Here is a new rig that I will buy very soon from newegg. I just need your opinions on improvements, etc. Also, my shopping cart has like 4 combo deals in it, but I can't add those to a wishlist so if you want the link to the items just say so...:)

Intel i7 920 (in combo with OCZ Gold 6gb DDR3)
Vista ultimate 64bit (in combo with 300gb velociraptor)
Antec Signature 850w modular (in combo deal with 1200)
2x EVGA 260 core 216 (Both in combo with EVGA x58 board)
Antec 1200
OCZ GOLD 6gb DDR3
EVGA x58 mobo
Western Digital 7.2k rpm 1TB
Samsung 22x DVDR burner
Creative titanium sound card (NOT championship, 130 bucks)

TOTAL: 2,563.88 :freak:

Any ideas for either adding better equipment while maintaining a 2.4-2.6k budget? Or just comments in general?

THANKS!!! :p

Don't buy the 940, get the 920. It can OC to equal the 940. The sound card is a waste of cash imo. Vista doesnt support hardware sound acelleration. So it wont improve your gaming at all. And if you are an audiophile there are more appropriate cards from companies like M-audio.

It's a matter of opinion but I would rather get an HD4870X2. A lot of good OC results have been had with the Asus and Biostar boards. All x58 support sli so EVGA isn't necessary.

Do you need a full tower? You will probably be fine with a good mid tower like the Antec 900.

Isn't that the sandwich card thats like 2x gtx280 but with gtx260 clocks? Does anybody know the cost yet because I would think it would be a lot and 2x gtx260 core216 would be pretty close in performance.

I'll wait for an actual good review of it. I've seen plenty of Newegg reviews say crap like "Pentium D owns Core 2 Duo's"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom