New Gaming Desktop...ordering today

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishgiant

Beta member
Hey guys.
I just wanted to double check everything with you before I click the checkout button on newegg.

I am buying this PC to run WoW, warhammer, starcraft 2, and would also like to be able to run more graphic intense games that come out in the future. I also am studying engineering at school, so looking to pickup a version of solidworks and use that on this computer as well.

Anyways here is my setup. My plan is to get this and eventually be able to upgrade to a crossfire video card setup once i feel saucy enough to buy another card.

I am pretty much just asking opinions. Do you think i will get what i want from these parts? do they go together well? Any input is appreciated thank you!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

SAPPHIRE 100259-1GL Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card

2x mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory (8gb total)

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

PC Power & Cooling S75CF 750W EPS12V SLI NVIDIA SLI Certified (Dual 8800 GTX and below) CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

HP Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner

NZXT TEMPEST Crafted Series CS-NT-TEM-B Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit for System Builders

Build looks good...

Its great that you did your research before you came here, we don't get that very often :D

Maybe if you have a slight bit more budget room, I'd recommend a Core i7 920, but you'd get 6gb (which is still enough for Maya/Solidworks etc) Let me know if you have more budget room, and I'll try to work a Core i7 in there

Umm.. every looks AWESOME, except your processor, mobo, RAM, and DVD driver can be better. For ~$400 you'll have a major upgrade.

Processor: i7 920
Mobo: Gygabyte UD5
RAM: Triple Cahnnel Gskill PI Blacks 133MHZ
DvD Drive: Samsung 22x

ahh. I don't have much more budget room at all. In fact I am $37 above budget right now...trying to keep it below $1300

But u guys did get me curious...so i think ill have to look at those parts.

Well, the CPU itself from the Core i7 is cheaper than a q9550 (about $35 if I have the price memorized correctly), so that saves you some cash, however the RAM and Mobo will start increasing the price

Can you wait for like 2 weeks, because prices will drop for the mobo, and RAM. Trust me, it's way better than a quadcore. It has hyperthreading, and OCs much better.

unfortunately yea...that setup will run me about $1600 at the moment. The motherboard is like 200 more and the ram 100 more about. I guess i could wait 2 weeks...but im anxious to get this puppy running haha.

As far as the dvd drive is concerned...the HP one i have picked out comes w/ Nero 7 but is only 20x. Think it's worth getting the 22x drive instead? (TBH i dunno what nero 7 does even, help me burn dvd/cds i think and possibly play dvd?)

I meant C2Q. I wonder where's the OP... o.o"

Edit~

LoL, just spend time with your family! The HP drive might be a loud like mine, but how much is nero 7, anyways? (Btw it's the best burner) If you really don't care, get it. And for the i7, it's a lot better, and you're paying more for better parts. Plus, if you plan to crossfire 4870's in the future, it will be running at 16x/16x, not 16x/8x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom