Motherboard settings for 4 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechwood

Solid State Member
Ok, I've put my fair share of google time in and now I'm just gona ask.

So, I just made the jump from 2 gigs to 4 gigs and as needed I upgraded to a 64-bit OS. The last part I think I need to do to get it to utilize all 4 gigs is to set some of the bios settings to allow it. Only problem is I have no idea what I'm doing in my bios and I really don't want to accidentally fry something.

So, my question is what do I need to change in my mobo's bios?

Here is the hardware:

ram: Newegg.com - OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Motherboard: LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR

PSU: Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 3800+ Venice 2.4GHz 512KB L2 Cache Socket 939 89W Single-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Video: Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N515-AX GeForce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Audio: Newegg.com - ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channels PCI Express Interface Sound Card - Sound Cards

P.S. In retrospect I know I never even should have bought this board considering I had no intentions of overclocking but to late to change that now.

Thank you in advance.

Check out DFI's site for the BIOS download..

You need either a bootable flash drive (but yours is a bit older) so you'd have to use a Floppy.. your board may have also come with a BIOS flasher utility to do it within Windows (check the box it came in)

Oh I've already got the latest bios.

bump... Come on guys. What settings do I need to enable or disable in my bios? I know there's something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom