Which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DVD-RW drives are dirt cheap anyway, so anytime you feel like picking one up, just hop over to Newegg, lol.

Let me know how it goes.

PSU= Power Supply??

If thats the case im not sure i will have to check and get back with you.

Do you think there will be an issue?

^i just need know the specs of it, they should be on the side of it. If it's a generic one.

There could be if its a really bad generic one, but i would still get a new one, because the psu is the type of thing you shouldn't cheap out on.

Its a 300w PSU. No brand name on it. Im sure it came with the case. Any specific info your looking for?

Ok problem. MOBO has 24 pin power supply connecter...PSU has 20 pin...im short 4 pins! Any suggestions? Sorry not up to par on whats good anymore..

And some of the pins for my front panel don't work, not important ones, just the power led and microphone jack. So should i look at a new case also? Combo deal?

Ok so i didn't look into info deep enough to find out it will still work maybe as long as it has enought power. Does it?

I just went with your first picks, hopefully everything will work. I'll use the orig. case and power supply. I also have a brand new 250gb HD, but i'll be adding an older 80 gb so i won't lose any of my files. The only thing it will be missing is a DVDRW but thats no big deal as i have yet to burn a DVD.

unfortunately you won't be able to put both hard drives and the cd/dvd player, Motherboards only come with 1 IDE connector because everything is going to SATA, Some MB's don't even have a IDE anymore. so you can connect one HD as master and the cd/dvd drive as slave. I have always had 2 DVD drives and one or two hard drives, So when I upgraded I had to get SATA drives to have what I like, You could just get a new SATA DVD burner though and put the HD's as master and slave. Only about $25 so it won't set you back too badly.
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X (CAV) DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 22X (CAV) DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners
OK this has been covered LOL as for the 24 pin try this
Newegg.com - APEVIA 20 pin to 24 pin ATX Cable Model CVT2024 - Cables
Dauntae

Thanks, Yeah after i did some more research i found out what to do. Right now i just have an cd burner as the slave and the hd at the master. Ive got new plans for the other hd so im not to worried about it yet. I will buy a sata dvd burner soon. As for the cable i plugged it in, It seems to be ok. I won't be doing any high end gaming or anything so we'll se how it goes. Maybe i'll order it when i get the dvd burner. Thanks again. BTW im online with the new system now. Very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom