Proc upgrade in Asus G1S B1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I want to upgrade to a cooler 45nm processor. Currently I'm running a T7700, and my HSF is always running full boar. I had to uninstall NB Probe because it always said CPU was critical and the alert tone was unbearable.

I'm not sure if the motherboard in this laptop is capped at an 800MHz FSB, if it is that limits my upgradeability to the T9300. However, if it's compatibnle with 1066MHz, then I could get the P9500.

I feel there might be a problem in the assembly of my laptop, given the over heating issues, but I know upgrading the processor will not only give me a cooler running proc, but it will also allow me to install it myself and make sure everything is as it should be. Plus the benifits of a 45nm proc running at only 25w will save some battery in the long run :p

So, could anyone give me some insight on the motherboard for this notebook, and also share your experiences with the A1S A/B1 notebooks and they're over heating issues?

Hmm, try reseating it first. 10 bucks and your time.

Check out Asus models in your series, like my Asus has the t5800, but 2 models have better 45mn chips.. so i know i can bump up to the 45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom