XP Boot Loop with REGISTRY_ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbeckwith

Beta member
Hello,

I just love Windoz...

At any rate, I have a XP Home Ed. that crashed earlier this am and went into a boot loop. I tried the recovery disk, but it seems to give me the same blue screen of death.

It comes up with this:

A problem has been detected...blah, blah, blah

REGISTRY_ERROR

If this is the first time....blah, blah, blah

Tecnical Information:

*** STOP: X000000051 (0X00000003, 0X00000003, 0X00000000, 0XE11D4000)

I have tried all variation of coming up in Safe mode and with the last known working configuration....and it keeps coming up with the same issue.

I don't have another disk to boot from other than the recovery disk that came with the system and it doesn't work...

Any suggestions would great be appreciated.

I do have the system backed up, but it's kinda hard to actualy use that when you can even get to Windows...8-(

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rod

tried the recovery disk, but it seems to give me the same blue screen of death.
--------------------->>>>How can it be::::????? Your recovery disc should be your original setup disc, you boot through ur cd, and then go to recovery mode, then recover your system through it ,
it should work.

Hello,

Spent an hour with MS on the phone...they seem to think it could be a hardware issue (Software guys always say that) ;->

It is very unusual that the recovery disk doesn't do the trick...never seen anything like it.

I am going to remove the HD and put it into another machine to test out their theory.

In the meantime I have a AMD 2.2 GHZ with 394MB RAM. It's a cheapy system I got at Fry's called Great Quality and up until this point, it was.

Rod

So just to ask, did you add anything or change anything before this happened? Any new drivers or hardware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom