Memory wrong size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
I have just recently suffered a pc failure, the system was completely dead.
thought it was the power supply, but it wasn't and then thought it must be the motherboard so went and got the ASUS M3N72-D and same problem no fans no post, so took out all the expansion slots including memory and got post as my friend suggested it could be a video card, and it was, 8500 gt one of two that were SLI.

I reinstalled Vista x86 sp1 int and fully updated through Win update and had some driver issues so had to scrap that install and start over, all the specs looked normal untill my second install then saw system memory went from 2 gigs to 1.7... ? ( 2 one gig OCZ gold DDR2 800) did a third install of Vista and still the same..

went through the BIOS and found nothing had been changed other than I turned the on board video to run Hybrid SLI wich slows my system worse than having just the one 8500 by it's self and lowers the vista score from 5.0 to 4.4 now.

any idea's why the System ram is only reading 1.7 instead of 2 gigs? :confused:

I have all the latest drivers from Nvidia and asus

thanks

Hybrid sli on that board is using your graphics card in conjunction with your onboard graphics. The .3 gb of memory missing is being used by onboard graphics.

ah I see, hmm so since it's dedicated to the on-board, Vista shows that it doesn't exist? strange. never had on-board gpu before

also the Vid card causing the whole machine not to work at all is strange too.. Ive killed plenty of cards in my day and not had that before.. PCIe thing? or just a fluke thing that happens just not to often on other platforms.. ie, PCI, AGP..

TY ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom