GTX 260 Core 216 vs. Hd 4870 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are overkill for that resolution anyways. Only thing that really puts cards of that magnitude to use is Crysis.

Most other games just get insane FPS.

at that res, you'll want lots of frambuffer and lots of memory bandwidth... so for the 19x12 and up segment, i'd go with the 4870s because the GDDR5 will give some killer bw which you'll really need

I just got my 4870 yesterday and LOVE IT! :) It's fun loading up all my games and maxing out everything. I giggle like a little school girl! LOL

i want to run 1920 x 1200 with very high, No AA and get 70 FPS....

i can get that with 8800gt's but thats at 1280x1024.....so i am pretty sure the crossfire 4870 can do it....or at least i hope....

i am just concerned about the radeon's not having physX...?

also does the catylist do the same thing as the nvidia control panel, and let me enable disable crossfire?

i want to run 1920 x 1200 with very high, No AA and get 70 FPS....

i can get that with 8800gt's but thats at 1280x1024.....so i am pretty sure the crossfire 4870 can do it....or at least i hope....

i am just concerned about the radeon's not having physX...?

also does the catylist do the same thing as the nvidia control panel, and let me enable disable crossfire?

OK SERIOUSLY, LEARN TO LOOK AT SOME BENCHMARKS. Even 3 GTX 280's can only do 80 FPS. 2 4870 will do descent, but not 70!!!

Seriously, go look at benchmarks..

And listen to that I've said to you for at least the 4th time...

Crysis is crap, the engine is crap and over demanding, biased towards nVidia cards, and mediocre story line at best.. Its to over demanding that the only two setups to ever get what your wanting is 3 GTX 280's in SLI and two HD 4870X2's in CFX, Trubitar did that but that was with a Skulltrail rig..

Live with not being able to max this game, or forget about Crapsis because your wasting your cash

yeh sad but vernong is right, crysis is very much biased, but it is a positively gorgeous game, lately more games are reaching it's level of graphic nirvana but still i agree it's demanding as can be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom