What are your system specs?

lol how do u make a computer 6k.. jesus christ!! sounds like alot of un needed things are gonna be in it... lol

i mean the 3 most expensive components would be video card, cpu and sometimes mobo

between the 3 should cost around 1500 at most.... where is the rest of the money going to??

lol how do u make a computer 6k.. jesus christ!! sounds like alot of un needed things are gonna be in it... lol

i mean the 3 most expensive components would be video card, cpu and sometimes mobo

between the 3 should cost around 1500 at most.... where is the rest of the money going to??

Well, it's the i7 965, for starters. The mobo is the ASUS P6T Deluxe with the palm thingie. Right now, I have two GTX 280s in the list as well, $410 each. It comes out to around $2190 for that stuff.

I'll tell you the rest of the specs once I find a replacement PSU, lol. Then I'll explain why I'm getting what I'm getting.

ya no lie.. all of them have the same oc potential....

unless you're getting extreme cooling (meaning tec cooling or a chilled loop.. or even up to a phase unit) then its pointless to get the 965

Don't get the 965. Get the 920, it can oc to match the 965.

I know it can, but...I dunno, I'm weird. I guess I'm with my computer as some people are with their cars? I like to "trick them out". Maybe it's silly, but I really like the idea of being able to mess around with such serious parts for benchmarking/tweaking/etc purposes. While I could OC the 920 to match the 965, OC'ing the 965 would be so much more fun. :D

Then again, this is why they call it a "dream machine". Lol.

ya no lie.. all of them have the same oc potential....

unless you're getting extreme cooling (meaning tec cooling or a chilled loop.. or even up to a phase unit) then its pointless to get the 965

This is the case I'm getting...when it's in stock...

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE 3D Mercury Pro GZ-FW1CA-AJB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

that watercooling system will not be able to properly cool an i7!!!

heck.. my core i7 at 3.9ghz on watercooling hits 65 full load!!!!

I've heard nothing but good things about that cooling system...but of course, I haven't heard anything about it being tested out on the i7 since it's over a year old...

It's too bad, I really like that case, lol.

I've seen someone overclock a 965 to 3.6ghz on air cooling, but the temps hit around 90C under full load.

Any suggestions for a water cooling solution? My wish list is ever updating, lol.

apogee gtz waterblock (by the way.. the waterblock that comes with that case WILL NOT fit lga 1366)

liang d5 vario pump

and lol at that watercooling.. i was reading reviews... and grossness.. i don't know where you read it was good.. but its obviously not anyone veteran to watercooling ;)

Petra's Tech Shop go there and buy a kit :)

apogee gtz waterblock (by the way.. the waterblock that comes with that case WILL NOT fit lga 1366)

liang d5 vario pump

and lol at that watercooling.. i was reading reviews... and grossness.. i don't know where you read it was good.. but its obviously not anyone veteran to watercooling ;)

Petra's Tech Shop go there and buy a kit :)

I get most of my reviews from guru3d.com...they're normally spot on about hardware stuff.

Back
Top Bottom