Looking for mod advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracarnion

Solid State Member
I have an MSI K8N Neo board in an Antec 900 case and I'm looking to upgrade my cpu coolers. It's a dual processor board and they're pretty noisy especially once they kick up into higher gear.

Can anyone recommend Quiet cpu coolers that will not be too tall for this case? the side of the case is about 16cm from board and the width of my current heatsinks is 7 cm and it is right along side the main pci-e slot, so it can't be much wider than that.

Thanks in advance and happy holidays!

u can get a xigmatic 120mm rifle cooler
what cpu do you have
amd or intel
i have this cooler and it stays quiet
only 1500rpm but moves alot of air

yeah that's kinda what i'm worried about patonb..

Mostly because my current heatsink is within about a cm from my GPU. This one looks pretty skinny from a side view so I'm hoping that it will fit. My current heatsink is 8.5x7cm

Is there any kind of mounting i would have to do with coolers like this? I've heard of people using adhesive or some kind of mounting to the case.

Thanks for your replies

No specialess to mount... It'l just mount with pushpins or bolts, like the stock model.

They fdo lok skinny, and as the fans are detachable, you have alot of mounting options.

From newegg:

Physical Spec
Fan Dimensions 120(W) x 120(H) x 25(D)mm
Weight 660g

Edit:

It seems to bre renAmed:
XIGMATEK

On another note - I'm looking to upgrade my video card situation (as usual)
I currently have a geforce 8800GT and i was thinking about either getting another one to pair it up with, or perhaps two greater cards, or maybe even 1 diesel card.

Anyone have any suggestions?

why not just upgrade the cpu/mobo/ram.

The 8800GT is the strongest piece in your setup, the processors are quite old school...

yeah.. i wasn't looking to spend that much and overall speed, gaming power is my priority (other than silence)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom