New keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Newegg.com - Logitech G11 Silver & Black 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards
Newegg.com - Logitech G15 2-Tone 104 Normal Keys 29 Function Keys USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard - Keyboards

One of those two def. The g15 is $20 more, but it has an lcd screen. I do like the layout of the g11's g keys better, but it would take up more space.

Just a question on the functionality of the programmable g keys. Say I'm playing an mmo, could I make my character switch weapons, execute an attack, and then switch weapons back again all in one keystroke? Or, if playing an rts, could I make a key select a barracks and then build 5 battalions of one unit in one keystroke?

I guess I'll be getting a g5 mouse as well. I don't like the way it looks too much, but I've heard it is the best.

You can also have the LCD name what song you're listening to and such. It can do a good bit of stuff. The temps and game stats are pretty nifty as well.

So having the lcd is better than have more fast access macro keys? I know you have 3 banks on the g15, but then you gotta hit two keys for your macro and you have to remember what key bank you are in. If you guys think it is worth the extra cash though, I guess I'll go for the g15.

Personally I would go with the G11. It's way more functional for games and your uses (macros). Also, the MX518 is very comparable to the G5, I actually chose it over the G5 due to looks and shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom