Is this a good deal, or a stinker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go with Sanremo's advice. Maybe with a Quad Core if your not planning to upgrade for a while.

Don't know what I was thinking. Zmatt is right, even I avoid the 9600.

All I was doing was looking for a decent Quad Core build though.

I would too.. but the price is so great...

hahaha

Anyways, I see your getting a X2 7750... Congrats, you now have a AMD Dualie that has a chance against Intel(well at stock anyways..), defending your SuperPI record are we?

I think I can one up the Athlon 7750. And I'm not talking about my e7200......

Well I'm not saying its faster.. I'm saying its somewhat close.. (behind but still a bit close...)

I thought I'd say that before Maroon or somebody else jumps down my throat...

Still a sweet CPU choice for us who still own an AM2 board and are too cheap for a Phenom or can't afford to buy it or w/e reason

The 7750 is clock for clock faster then K8 while also being able to outperform current Phenoms (due to higher clock) when it comes to Super PI.

So it was mainly just to get my Super PI crown back.

Since K10.5 is a superior architecture. Chances are that the Regor chips will be the ones to start getting decent Super PI times.

And I'm saying you wont have it for long.

Also that P2 940 did 4 tenths of a second better than TF's record and it had a higher clock speed. I don't think that bodes well.

The 940 got 23second Super PI time @3.00ghz. If its capable of 4.00ghz then it should attain sub 20 second Super PI times.

AMD's improving their game. K10.5 architecture allows for more raw performance. But eventually they will have to consider lowering the TDP on their chips.

They did it with a 1.6Vore so chances are that the amazing 4.00ghz on stock cooling was all just hype.

Improvement is improvement. At least AMD got off their *****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom