What is salvagable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clendoncooks

Beta member
I have an HP a1110n that is on it's last leg. I have decided to build a new PC that i can use for gaming. My question is can I use anything from my old PC on my new system. I don't mind spending the money on new components but it seems like such a waste to just dump the old one. I am looking at a budget of about $500 ( not including monitor) for a PC that will play current games (e.g. call of duty).

Specs on old PC:
345 Celeron processor
2G Ram that I upgraded myself
160Gb hard drive
16X light scribe DVD R/RW

Yeah, at least save the hard drive. You could buy a newer hard drive and throw your old one in on an extra sata.
I do that with my gaming PC. Use an old hard drive to back up pictures (and save game files :D ) and stuff I wouldn't want to lose if my PC crashed or something.

You could save the cd/dvd drive, but you could buy a 22x disc drive for less than $30 on NewEgg.

Since the RAM is DDR, you won't be able to use it in a newer build. The hard drive, and DVD drive are the only things you can use. That would save you about $60, and you could probably sell all the other parts out of the computer saving you even more money, or giving you a slightly bigger budget (not by much though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom