Upgrading Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Murphy

Baseband Member
I'm looking to upgrade my Radeon 3850 256mb card. I've got a q6600 and I'm looking for something that will pair up nicely with it. I'm not looking to break the bank over it. I'm actually looking for a budget card around 100$. Right now I plan on really only using it for world of warcraft. But probably some newer games later on. I know WoW is such a weird game when its come to graphics and I'd like to get one that suits it. So what do you guys think?

Well a 3850, the one you have, should be able to easily play WoW at max settings with about 150 fps lol. I suggest you waiting until you actually get a game that is demanding, by then newer graphics cards will be out, or at least the current ones will even be cheaper.

Hmmm well that's strange because I can't max out my settings without my FPS dropping fairly low and I get a lot of hiccuping. :/

Nah my drivers are all up to date. I've been trying to figure this out for a long time now cause I figured the 3850 would be good enough as well. One thing I would notice while running rivatuner my gpu usage drops usually around 60% or so when my fps gets bad. It happens a lot around lots of people. I've done almost everything imaginable to try and fix it but to no avail. The only thing I was thinking is I have the older version of the 3850 with only 256mb but I guess that's not the problem. I'm running at 1400x900 resolution so I doubt its that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom