VERY strange error on start..

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, so after my recent string of overclocks on my computer with my vcore at 1.75, I have noticed after a cold boot I will get an odd message on my screen that just says WAIT... in bold white letters, no post, nothing.. I have to reset my bios to get past this... Is it possible my bios has somehow become corrupt? Or is my board damaged?? Or possibly my processor?

mobo msi k9n plat
cpu amd athlon 6000

WAIT? Hmm...I don't know actually I don't really OC or change vcore settings. You could reinstall your BIOS easily enough, though.

My core temps never got above 20F and my mosfets have a nice heatsink with a 80mm fan on them... But yea, I have taken the overclock off completly, it's like it a bios issue, and I can't get it to update anymore... Ehh anyone know of anything I can do??? Should I just let my computer stay on since it seems fine any other time?

Ok, so after my recent string of overclocks on my computer with my vcore at 1.75, I have noticed after a cold boot I will get an odd message on my screen that just says WAIT... in bold white letters, no post, nothing.. I have to reset my bios to get past this... Is it possible my bios has somehow become corrupt? Or is my board damaged?? Or possibly my processor?

mobo msi k9n plat
cpu amd athlon 6000

Just to clarify, is that WAIT... or "please WAIT..."

What is your BIOS manufacturer, revision, and date? Motherboard wouldn't hurt either.

Thanks,

Water cooled, I only overclock when the room temp hits around 0F because I open my window when it gets cold enough to overclock...

It's an MSI K9n Platinum with the latest bios update, I just can't remember the version right now, but its an Award bios...

Also it just says "WAIT..." in that exact format...

Wow how can you play or use your computer when its 0 degrees in your room I can barely stand playing WoW when its like 60 in my room lol, but I hope you get it fixed, you said you reset your BIOS to get past it, so then does it work until you shutdown or what?

Water cooled, I only overclock when the room temp hits around 0F because I open my window when it gets cold enough to overclock...

It's an MSI K9n Platinum with the latest bios update, I just can't remember the version right now, but its an Award bios...

Ah, that doesn't help, since the version I find could be more recent than yours (that's assuming you update regularly, which isn't really safe). So when you reboot, just take it down and get back to me, no rush :-D

and Award? So Pheonix Technologies, got it. Let me know

A7250NMS Version: 1.11 Date: 4/7/08

That was the last one I got for my motherboard because of issues with the OVP and overclocking... If you find a more recent update do you think you can find a way to flash from a USB jump drive?? Because I don't have a floppy drive, and the MSI utility can't update the bios from Vista...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom