dont know wether to get or wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
i dont know wether to get a raptor HD or wait until the SSD come down in price, ive heard that SSD really need sata 3(600MB) which will come out early next year because SSD actually transfer speeds well over 500MB. what wuould you guys do?

Thats a load of Bull no harddrive uses the full bandwidth of sata1.5gb/s let alone the current sata3gb/s they just like making the cables faster to give headroom and the glitz to make people buy a more expensive product for little or no gain.

I would upgrade the rest of your pc before investing in a better hdd, don't go raptor there have been some dodgy batches for the last couple of years lots keep dying which isn't great. basically just don't do it until the rest of your pc is better. If you wait in the tech world you will be waiting forever always something shinier and better round the corner

Yah, personally I think SSDs are more hype than actual performance right now. Their read speeds are great sure, but their writes are traditionally much less than a higher end hard drive. Saltynay is also right, don't take the bus bandwidth as the actual performance of the hard drive.

Raptor's arent' worth it, btw. You can get a Western Digital 640GB, 7200rpm drive that's just as fast for cheaper, unlessyou're really that worried about shaving a few seconds off of boot time for Windows to load ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom