Monitor Only Displays White Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Just a little while ago, I was surfing the internet and my monitor just switched to a completely blank white screen. I rebooted my computer, but now the monitor will display nothing but a blank white screen. I can't see the boot up screen, windows loading screen, or even the actual monitor controls (brightness/contrast...the buttons on the monitor itself). I use my xbox 360 on this monitor too, using the VGA connection. It also only shows a white screen for everything. I unplugged the monitor from everything so only the power cord is plugged in and turned the monitor on...nothing but white screen.

My monitor is listed in my Sig along with my other hardware. I have never had a problem with this monitor since I got it a year and a half ago. There has been no dead pixels or anything. It just happened right out of the blue.

Any help?

Thanks,
darkop

Well I called Samsung support and they shipped a replacement to the nearest UPS store in my location.

Problem solved I guess. I hope I get one of the newer models....but doubtful.

Thanks anyways,
darkop

Sounds like some sort of controller failure, looks like it completely lost the input signal or something, could even be that the panel isn't getting any power and the backlight is shining through.

I think I should get a newer model since I have to experience the inconvenience of using one of my old 17" LCD's for the next week or so. On top of that, I'm out on Christmas break until Jan 5. Once I'm back in school, I can forget about playing any computer game for the next four months. Fifteen credit hours in Civil Engineering is no joke and Army ROTC on top of that. Arrrggghhhh. Why couldn't this have happened during the semester when I'm not using my main rig that much? (more speaking to myself :p)

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. I just came to realization of how much it used to suck gaming on my 17" monitor.

Anyways, I got to call Samsung back up since I guess they put the wrong phone number in with my transaction number or I copied the transaction number down wrong, so I can't track it.

Sigh.

Thanks for the help again,
darkop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom