I made a rare mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
I am soo ashamed.

So I was on newegg and purchasing an Xmas gift for my brother when I purchased the wrong external enclosure.

It only has eSata as the external connection and my brothers comp only has USB.

So I can't seem to find any cheap converter cables, eSata to USB or eSata hubs to USB.

Anyone have any ideas, I mean, the cheapest Esata hub I saw on newegg was like 40 bucks.

Ouch.

Or call up the Egg ;).

Tell 'em you ordered the wrong item, and if its possible for them to cancel it.

They may j ust tell you to refuse the package when it comes. In the mean time, you could pick out the one you did want, order it and get it so you have it. Then you can just refuse the other one, and you won't get charged a restocking fee.

Or call up the Egg ;).

Tell 'em you ordered the wrong item, and if its possible for them to cancel it.

They may j ust tell you to refuse the package when it comes. In the mean time, you could pick out the one you did want, order it and get it so you have it. Then you can just refuse the other one, and you won't get charged a restocking fee.

Just wait till it gets there, and put in an RMA, i think they do RMAs for wrong items, yes you will get charged for restocking, but it's easier to NOT cheat NewEgg out of money since they'll be pains about it and in the mean time, buy the right one so that your brother there can have that HD for Xmas.

Its rough, but it's really the best way, like I said, cheating is too much work! :p

Just wait till it gets there, and put in an RMA, i think they do RMAs for wrong items, yes you will get charged for restocking, but it's easier to NOT cheat NewEgg out of money since they'll be pains about it and in the mean time, buy the right one so that your brother there can have that HD for Xmas.

Its rough, but it's really the best way, like I said, cheating is too much work! :p

I've talked to them before and asked them if I were to refuse the package, if there would be a restocking fee (as this has happened to me before as well), but they told me there would not be a restocking fee as long as the retail package was not opened.

I've talked to them before and asked them if I were to refuse the package, if there would be a restocking fee (as this has happened to me before as well), but they told me there would not be a restocking fee as long as the retail package was not opened.

Problem solved! Have a nice holiday ;-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom